Welcome to KCU! We are so excited that you have chosen KCU and we are here for you, in the Campus Store, for all of your textbook and apparel needs! Buying textbooks can be a stressful and confusing time, so here are step-by-step instructions on how you can view and purchase your textbooks through the Campus Store. We realize you have many options for buying textbooks, so we are trying to make this as convenient as possible. Before you begin, have your KCU student ID number handy as well as your schedule from the REGISTRAR. Any questions about your schedule should be directed there.
1. Click on textbooks/order textbooks tab
2. Select the term (for example: Fall 20xx), and using the course numbers from your schedule, enter dept (i.e. BNT), number and section. Be very careful to select the right section because different sections may have different books or Professors. (ALL OF THIS COMES FROM YOUR SCHEDULE).
3. Once you have the right term, department, and course section, click the ‘add selection’ button.
4. Repeat steps 3-4 until you have selected all of your classes in the current course list section.
5. Once you have all of your classes entered, click ‘get course materials’.
6. You will be able to view all of the books that are being requested by your professor. Books that are required, you will need the first day of classes. Note that some books are optional.
7. If you wish to purchase a book, just click the ‘add to cart’ button*. Only click this ONCE!! It may take your computer a few seconds to register the book into your cart, but if you click the ‘ add to cart’ button MORE THAN ONCE YOU WILL BE ADDING MULTIPLE BOOKS TO YOUR ORDER!
8. Once you have all of the books that you want to order, go to your ‘cart’.
9. Double check your order.
10. Then click proceed to ‘checkout’.
11. You have two ways to pay for your textbooks. You can charge a credit card, or you can choose to add to your student account and your total textbook charge will be added to your student bill. This allows you to pay along with all of the other charges that you pay to the school for the semester. You must click the ‘pick up at store’ option. Exceptions to this: RN-BSN and graduate programs can request textbooks to be shipped.
12. To pay with a student account, do NOT enter credit card information. Scroll down to the option of adding to ‘undergrad student account’. You will need to enter your student ID, which should also be on your schedule. Note–RN-BSN students MUST pay for their books with a credit card unless previous arrangements are made.
13. Then you are finished! A confirmation email will be sent to your KCU email address.
14. The books you’ve ordered will be ready for you when you come through registration and you can skip long lines!
*ORDER EARLY. ORDERS ARE FILLED IN THE ORDER THEY ARE RECEIVED. YOU CAN CHOOSE USED BOOKS, BUT IF A BOOK IS NOT AVAILABLE AS ‘USED’, WE WILL FILL THE ORDER WITH A NEW BOOK.
**Once you have placed an order you will receive confirmation of the order. YOU WILL SEE A SUBTOTAL, which is subject to change, depending on book availability. You will be given your total when you pick up your books on Registration Day.
***Ordering online is considered prepackaging your books. If you choose to ask us to pre-pack your textbooks, YOU ARE EXPECTED TO BUY the books. We will only take returns on your orders IF you have schedule changes. BE CAREFUL AND CHECK YOUR ORDER. Before completing the process.